The Architectural Review Committee is responsible for overseeing the overall appearance of our neighborhood in accordance with our Covenants and Restrictions. Remember: All exterior changes or new construction must have prior approval!
Overview of the Bailiwyck Covenants and Restrictions
Below is a list of the key items set forth in the Bailiwyck Covenants and Restrictions that require approval of the Bailiwyck Architectural Review Committee prior to changes being made on your property.
Please contact the ARC if you would like to:
When submitting your building or project plans to the ARC for review please include blueprints or detailed building plans, a plot plan (if available), and a drawing of how your addition or project will fit on your property. Also please supply samples and/or brochures of all building materials and paint colors you would like to use.
Additional by-laws and restrictions overseen by the ARC:
- The exterior storage of boats, utility trailers, motor homes (RVs), jet skis (and similar equipment), tractors, stored or broken down or wrecked vehicles, trucks (excluding pickup trucks) and any non-passenger vehicle or equipment is not permitted in Bailiwyck. Please store any of the aforementioned items in your garage or outside of the Bailiwyck neighborhood. Note: Please alert the ARC if you own a boat, trailer or RV that will be on your property for a short period of time while in transition or for maintenance or repair.
- Free-standing flag poles are prohibited.
- Trash bins and/or recycling bins must not be visible from the street or your neighbor’s property. Please store your trash bin and/or recycling bin in your garage or in a fashion that is not visible from the street or your neighbor’s property.
- All residents and/or property owners of Bailiwyck are required to maintain their properties in a clean and esthetically pleasing manner. Lawns must be regularly mowed and maintained; weeds must be removed; and lawn mowers, outdoor grills, landscaping equipment/supplies, etc., are to be properly stored when not in use.
- Only wooden children’s play-sets are permitted in Bailiwyck. Metal and/or plastic play-sets are not permitted in Bailiwyck.
No business or commercial signs are allowed except for Real Estate for sale signs, contractor signs during active construction and small security company signs when active subscriptions are in place.
Signs promoting political candidates or issues are limited to one per residence and no greater than 15 square feet in area. They may be posted no sooner than 30 days prior to the election and must be removed within 24 hours of the closing of the polls.
No sign of any sort may exceed 15 square feet in area.
Thank you for your help and consideration!
The Bailiwyck Architectural Review Committee